How to Make Outdoor Lighting Work For You
Outdoor lighting options, such as landscape lighting or even security lighting, can do so much for your home. In fact, more than you probably even realize. Everyone knows this is an ideal way to add curb appeal and safety, but, as important as those are, there is more to outdoor lighting in Ogden than that.
It is true that most people who see your home will probably be arriving once the sun has set. So the exterior of your home will be making a first impression, after dark. You certainly don't want details and features to get lost in the shadows.
Successful Outdoor Lighting Design Tips
Working with an electrician will certainly help you get the results that you want. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to have some techniques in mind as you enter into the planning stage. Here are some things that you should know:
- “Mimicking moonlight” is a common term used for landscape lighting. It means having lighting in place that creates a look similar to what the moon would, only brighter. This is ideal for anyone seeking a more naturalistic look.
- For those features that you want to highlight, use uplights. This creates a dramatic effect that is ideal for making certain architectural or landscaping features the focal point of your exterior space.
- Plan a focus that naturally shows welcome visitors where the entrance to your home is. Well-planned lighting is about providing solutions, not just beauty.
- Warm light is the best way to create a subtle and welcoming showcase for your home. Opting for anything else tends to make the display more of a light show.
- Keep in mind that your lights should also help with safety. Illuminating the exterior of your home but leaving shadows where guests walk defeats the purpose of adding lights.
- Of course, this also works as a measure of security lighting as well. Having the outside of your home lit up reduces the likelihood of areas for criminals to gain access to your home.
- If your main goal is only security though, you should make your lighting expert aware of this. While landscape lighting in Ogden can add some level of security, it is not as extensive as well-planned lighting designated for security would be.
Rely on the Experts for Outdoor Lighting in Ogden
The lighting experts at Synergy Electric can help ensure that you get exactly what you want. From planning the placement of the lights to the completed lighting installation, we have got you covered. The best part is that you can feel confident that your lovely light display will not be a potential hazard, which can often happen when the job is carried out by just landscapers.