More than likely you have at least one plug-in surge protector in your home. This is an ideal approach for protecting your expensive electronic devices from electrical surges that would ruin them. What you really need is whole-house surge protection so that every outlet is covered.
What this system does is basically prevent too much electricity from coming in at once – a surge. Without this type of surge protection system, you are at risk of ruining any of the devices or appliances that you have plugged in to any of your outlets. Of course, to get this level of protection you need a trained, experienced and certified electrician to provide you with quality service.
Locals here know that the reputable and established name to trust in for any residential electrical service is Synergy Electric. We take this line of work seriously and that is evident from the feedback we get from our residential and commercial clients. Give our pros a call today and let's get started.
Benefits of Whole House Surge Protection in Ogden & Nearby
If you are still convinced that your plug-in, power strip style surge protecting devices will be enough, here are some things that you should know:
- Today's demand for electricity makes it more important than ever to have systems in place to accommodate that and protect the devices that you have. Even LED lighting actually has a circuit board so, without proper protection, a surge can destroy this lighting.
- Everyone thinks surge protection is all about the threat of lighting strikes. The truth of the matter is that as much of 80% of surges are from short bursts inside the home, that we end up causing ourselves. The likelihood of one large burst from the outside destroying all your electrical devices is quite rare.
- A professional electrician can help determine which surge protecting device would be appropriate for you. The average home with 120-volt service can be adequately covered with a 80kA-rated surge protector.
These are just a few of the basics of what you should know about surge protecting devices. When we meet with you for a consultation we can provide you with more detailed information and answer any questions that you may have, including estimates for installing whole house surge protection in Ogden and the surrounding areas. Don't just put off this task and wait for something to happen that could have been easily avoided.
The Right Ogden Electrician to Take Care of Your Surge Protection
At Synergy Electric, we take great pride in the work that we do and the results that we are able to deliver for our clients. We want to make your life more convenient and your home a safer space to be, for you and your loved ones. Call us now and let's put an end to the threat power surges pose.
If you would like to learn more about whole house surge protection in Ogden, please call 801-866-0186 or complete our online request form.
- How to Make Outdoor Lighting Work For You - Outdoor lighting options, such as landscape lighting or even security lighting, can do so much for your home. In fact, more than you probably even realize. Everyone knows this is an ideal way to add curb appeal and safety, but, as important as those are, there is more to outdoor lighting in Ogden than that … Read More
- What You Don't Know About Your Electrical Wiring Could Hurt You - When you bought your house, the home inspection was supposed to catch anything that could be a red flag. If any of those potential problems listed involved electrical work, you need to make sure that you are taking it seriously, especially if those problems are with the electrical wiring … Read More